Which courses are accessible without graduation?

A display of 2021 graduation results at a high school in Saint-Denis de la Reunion, July 6, 2021 – Richard Buhet © 2019 AFP

This Tuesday, many students will jump for joy in front of their high school results table: they will receive their graduation. For others, it is necessary to wait for the catch-up session before settling down, and some will not get it at all. In 2021, 93.8% of the 732,800 candidates graduated, so more than 6% failed the exam.

Graduating, Grail is signing at the end of high school, a sign of entry into higher education for many. But without graduation, several courses remain accessible for those who are willing.

Several higher education courses are possible

Some higher education courses exist for those who have not graduated, schooling “especially in the arts, tourism or hotels and catering”. However it is often a private course, so expensive, including a diploma that is sometimes not recognized, writes ONISEP (National Office for Education and Career Information).

Without a bachelor’s degree, it is also possible to acquire a power in law, which “provides a minimum legal culture”, explains the University of Paris Pantheon-Assas.

“Depending on the results obtained it is an effective gateway to access in the 1st or 2nd year of a law degree”.

This cycle lasts two years and is accessible from the age of 17 years. Deputy Aurelian Tache (NUPES), Explained Sunday in Europe 1 Thus he resumed his studies at the age of 19, “with competence in law because he had not graduated”.

A diploma in animation and sports is also possible, BP JPS (Professional Certificate for Youth, Popular Education and Sports). This diploma “certifies the right of professional skills required for the practice of the profession of animator, monitor, sports educator”, explains the Ministry of Sports.

“Admission to BP JEPS is not subject to academic requirements. On the other hand, admission to the training course is conditional on passing the selection test conducted by each training institute.”

Several state diplomas (DEs) in the health and social world are accessible, also underlining ONISEP. These are verified diplomas after training, which do not require graduation. The Ministry of Health lists, for example, the State Diploma in Social Life Assistants, the State Diploma in Medico-Psychological Assistance, Family Assistants or even the Educational Monitor.

A Achievement and CAP verification

There is also the possibility of the opposite route. If you ever have professional experience, it is possible to get a diploma “for advancement or retraining in your professional life” or at least a certificate of competency, the Ministry of Labor wrote. We are talking about CQP (Certificate of Professional Qualification), CCP (Certificate of Professional Qualification), and even VAE (Validity of Acquired Experience).

On the other hand, theoretically, BTS (Brevet de Technicien Supérieur), can be integrated without graduation, but with equivalent training, such as validity of experience. But “it is very rare to be accepted in a public institution, who select their students on file and reject many graduate holders already”, notes The world.

Finally, CAPs (Vocational / Agricultural Qualification Certificates), open courses from third grade, then quite accessible. There are more than 200 varieties in France, “covering all areas from building to cabinet making, including agriculture, aeronautics, industry, trade, chemical industry, plastics processing, agro-food, etc …”, note Student.

A Entrance to the position of civil servant

“Almost all sectors of the public service host competitions at the CAP level, even from the DNB (National Patent Diploma),” the L’Étudiant site wrote. “There are administrative assistants who can practice the activity in all public sectors: sanitation, catering, human resources, childhood, animation, sports …”

The newspaper also mentions the competition of prison guards, specialized agents of the technical and scientific police, agents of public finance or even contract (access to a career in government service). The latter allows entry into a job in the Public Service Category C “in 3 public functions: state, territorial or hospital administration”, by entering the service public site.

Non-bachelor graduates can also join the army if they wish.

A Repeat, or re-graduate

“The best passport to continue your studies is graduation. If you have failed the exam, there are several possibilities for you, but the easiest is to try again,” ONISEP wrote, assuring that “you also have a real chance to succeed in the second attempt.” “

If you have the potential and absolutely need a bachelor’s degree to continue your studies, you can take this diploma again. It is possible to re-enroll in your high school or other high school. “You need a rector to find a place, but the principals can’t welcome you. You can make an appointment with the rector of your academy,” CIDJ (Center for Information and Youth Documentation) wrote. You can re-take your degree as a free candidate or in a work-study program.

Then, it is possible to pass a DAEU (Diploma in Access to University Studies) that “gives graduates the same rights as access to higher education in particular,” the Ministry of Higher Education explains. You can prove your contribution from two years of professional activity or two years of social security, from the age of 20, after a break of at least two years of your initial studies.

Original article published on BFMTV.com

Leave a Comment